Everything from Thailand visa applications, Entry Requirements, Thailand Visa Information, visa for Thailand & much more. We publish the only Thai Online Visa Updates every month & have our own Thai law partnership.


Remember if coming to Thailand for longer stays then 1 month go to your nearest Thai Consulate in your home country. Arrival in Thailand you can obtain 30 days eg. USA. It varies between countries. [ Countries ]



The Immigration Act's Section 38 requires that landlords must report the presence of any foreign tenants to authorities within 24 hours of their arrival. You can do online as some managements of condos etc will not do it. Section 37 imposes the same rule on foreigners. They must report their nightly whereabouts, as and when they move around the country. A fine of 800 to 2,000 baht and the risk a foreigner may be denied extension or renewal of their visa or work permit. If you use an Apple computer download the app here [ Section 38 TM30] If you use a PC windows then download the app here [ Section 38 TM30]


Remember if coming to Thailand for longer stays then 1 month go to your nearest Thai Consulate in your home country. Arrival in Thailand you can obtain 30 days eg. USA. It varies between countries so check first as the rules have changed. [ Countries ]

New Thai consular visa fees 



Reference Thai Ministerial Regulation No. 27 (B.E. 2546) which was issued by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522, the new fee rate for Thai visas has been proclaimed in the Royal Gazette. The new fee rate as listed below will go into effect on August 26, 2003:

Transit Visa US$20.00
Tourist Visa US$25.00

Non-Immigrant Visas:

- Single Entry US$50.00
- 1 Year Multiple-Entry US$125.00
- 3 Year Multiple-Entry for persons who hold the travel documents of the APEC member countries to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for the purpose of business US$125.00

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has advised all Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulate Generals to begin charging the new visa rates

If applying for a visa extension, re-entry permit, residence permit or other immigration services, from 26 August 2003 foreigners visiting or living in Thailand will be required to pay greatly increased official fees at immigration offices in accordance with a new Ministry of Interior regulation. For example, the current fees for a resident permit are Baht 2,000 for submitting the application and Baht 50,000 (in the case of a person legally married to a Thai, Baht 25,000) when receiving the residence permit book. Under the new fee structure, the cost of a residence permit will be Baht 7,600 for the application and Baht 191,400 (spouses of Thais or holders of residence permits, and children, Baht 95,700) when the residence permit book is issued by the Immigration Bureau.

The new fees for the immigration services more commonly required by foreigners are listed below.


Type Baht


Transit visa, single entry 800

Tourist visa, single entry 1,000

Non-immigrant visa, single entry up to multiple you can only apply at Penang and must have WP3 form from the Labour office, use a lawyer as you must furnish new paperwork.

Application for visa extension 1,900

Application for a single re-entry permit 1,000

Application for a multiple re-entry permit 3,800

Application for a residence permit 7,600

Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book) 191,400

Overstay is 500 baht per day.


Approval of a residence permit (payable on receipt of residence book) for a foreigner married to a Thai, the spouse of a resident, and any of their children who have not reached the status of a Thai juristic person (i.e., unmarried children aged below 20 years) 95,700 . Newspaper business Costs will be =20,000 baht


In a related action, the Immigration Bureau has approved a new regulation governing the requirements for qualifying for extensions of visas.



Effective 10th July 2004 salaries per month INCREASE FOR ALL FOREIGNERS WORKING IN THAILAND eg. salary increase for USA, Japan, Canada, will be 60,000 baht, 50,000 baht for NZ, Aus & EU countries, 45,000 baht for Korea,Taiwan,Singapore, Malaysia, S.A. Hong kong, 35,000 baht for India, Middle east,Indonesia,Philippines,China & 25,000 baht Vietnam, Africa, Laos, Myanmar,Cambodia. More info in the next issue.Marriage visas will also increase from 200,000 baht to 400,000 baht per year.








[ Laos Visas ] [ Laos Info ] [ Myanmar Visas ] [ Myanmar Travel ] [ Cambodia ] [ Nepal ]



VISA RUNS You already have a tourist's valid for one or two months from the date of issue. This visa can be extended by one month in Thailand. In Chiang Mai, go to the immigration office. The extension fee is 500 Baht. After this month expires you can re-apply for yet another extension (same fee). You get an "under consideration for X amount of days" stamp endorsement, another one when you return (after crossing into Mynamar or Laos) after X amount of days (no fee) and finally a "must leave country in X amount of days" endorsement. This gives you approximately 30 days more.  To enter Laos you can get a visa at the border towns of Chiang Khong or Nong Khai. You can also obtain a visa in Chiang Mai. Laos town of Huai Sai across the Mae Khong River from where you travel onwards onto Luang Prabang in Laos.

POLICE COMPLAINTS: now have a new email address if you have a problem with Thai Police on  & P.O. Box 191, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, 10330, Thailand.

Read Letters from the ONLY Thailand Online [ Visanews ].  We help you obtain a Thai Visa & Thai Work permit.  We update all our Thai visa pages every day. Thailand's premier Visa News sites

  Renting or buying a house or condo in Chiangmai use   [  Asia Real Estate ]

[ HOME ]

      Check your foreign currency exchange rates against the Thai Baht with Bangkok Bank.

Always use a certified registered lawyer for all legal work in Thailand. If in doubt ask for their Reg number. 

 [ Bangkok Lawyers  ]  [Condo Buying ] [ Visas ] [  Work Permit Letters to Ed ]  [ More about Chiangmai Trader News ] [ Non immigrant Visas ] [ Lawyer costs & services ] [ Bangkok fees ] [ Visa on arrival ] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Amity Treaty ] [ Foreign Company Office ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Visa Extension ] [ Visa newsletters ] [ Visa Myanmar ] [ Visa Cambodia ] [ Visa Nepal ] [ Expat News ] [ USA Report Birth ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Bank Accounts ] [ Marriage Laws ] [ Marriage for Thais ] [ Marry in Thailand ] [ Thai divorce ] [ Insurance Cover] [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Leasing land ] [ House buying guide ] [ Security & Protection ] [ Foreign embassies ] [ Letter of Credit ] [ Terms-FAQ's ] [ Classified ads ] [ Currency Convert Table ] [ Accounting & tax ] [ Law links ] [ Wills & inheritance ] [ Pensions UK to Thailand ] [ NEW VISA costs ] [ Land complaints ] [ Litigation & lending ] [ Importing household goods [ Foreigners Wills ] [ Foreigner Care & Hospital Help ]

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission All infringements will be an infringement on the Copyrights of this website  and we will act according to Thai law. Please view:  FAQTERMS  




Check out anything about Thailand on Asia Trading Post: from Business to Visas to Companies or just General. Free help. Click on:


Best  Property realty in ChiangMai & North Thailand


Thailand & China outsourcing Products


 The world's top search engine 



Check out anything about Thailand on Asia Trading Post: from Business to shipping. Free help. Click on:


Copyright 2001 Asia Realty Estate email: